Thursday, October 6, 2011

Degas Pastel Society

I was lucky enough to get both of my pieces in this show in New Orleans judged by Richard McKinley. The awards won't be given out until the show is hung. It will be on display in New Orleans from Oct. 29 - Nov. 19th, 2011. Place St. Charles, New Orleans, La.




The first pieces is called Statue Person. He was an street entertainer that delighted my wife and me, when we were in the French Quarters in New Orleans; the piece is 16 x 20 framed.












Second pieces is called "Sponge Bath," which was done originally from a live model. Sometimes I will use my original figure drawing in different layouts, which Degas use to do.
I was thinking of New Orleans French Quarters as I made up the background. The framed size is 16x20.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home